Betsy Bookout- Bookout_E@hcde.org
Bryan Mann- MANN_B@hcde.org
3rd Grade Update for Nov. 18th – Nov. 22nd
Reading Aloud daily to your child promotes comprehension, listening skills, fluency, and vocabulary development. It’s also terrific quality time for your family.
What to bring:
- Snack (please try to avoid peanut products due to allergies in our room)
- Water Bottle
- Independent reading book
- Your SMILE!
Math: We will begin our focus on multiplication.
* Start to review basic multiplication facts (0-12) NIGHTLY.
- Homework (Remember: you only have to do the practice portion of the homework, but doing the re-teaching side will only help strengthen your math skills)
- Monday: Teacher made worksheet
- Tuesday: Teacher made worksheet
- Wednesday: Teacher made worksheet
- Thursday: Assessment #7 Review
- Friday: Relax, prep for Thanksgiving
Literacy: We will be continuing Writers Workshop as well as Readers Workshop.
- We will continue our daily read alouds!
- Discuss with your child about the books they are reading and the writing they are doing.
- We will continue a deeper study of the nonfiction genre.
- We will continue our study of Informative writing in writer’s workshop.
- We recommend reading 30 minutes a night.
- 20 books challenge – Students will read 20 books over 6 genres, prize once the accomplishment has been met – We have the first finishers of the 20 book challenge, their new challenge is to read 40 BOOKS!!!
Grammar: We will finish our study on verbs and letter punctuations.
- Apostrophes and review 160-163
- Test the week after Thanksgiving
Social Studies: We will begin our study on Tennessee Heroes.
* Chapter 9: Pages 192-196
Science: We will finish our study on landforms and space.
* Assessment #3: 11 -19-13 (Tuesday)
Handwriting: We will be focusing on correctly writing our manuscript letters
- Letter “o” and letter review,
- Science Test: 11-19-13
- Math test: 11-22-13